Plastazote® superior closed cell foam
Chemically inert closed cell foam blown with nitrogen
Plastazote foam is a closed cell polyethylene foam blown with nitrogen. In contrast to other foams, it is tough and flexible, defined by the regular shapes, sides and walls of the cells made from polyethylene. If Plastazote foam is squashed and compressed, each nitrogen filled cell acts like a balloon and the foam bounces back to its original shape.
Applications include floatation, matting, presentation boxes, tool storage, insulation, tool trays,recreational use, etc.
Great foam for archival and museum storage purposes.
• Can be easily shaped, cut and bonded to other materials.
• Non-toxic, odourless, will not absorb water and is buoyant.
• Can be washed, disinfected and wiped clean.
• Excellent chemical resistance to most oils, solvents, acids & alkalis.
• Weatherproof and has good ultraviolet stability.
• Durable, tough and flexible and recovers repeatedly from impacts.
• Very good thermal insulator.